Wednesday 28 August 2019

Review: Who Killed Ruby? - Camilla Way

Title: Who Killed Ruby?
Author: Camilla Way
Published: June 2019
Source: Library checkout
Star Rating: 4

You never know what’s going on behind closed doors… 

If you passed it on the street, you’d see an ordinary London townhouse. You might wonder about the people who live there, assume they’re just like you. 

But inside a family is trapped in a nightmare. In the kitchen, a man lies dead on the blood-soaked floor. Soon the police will come, and they’ll want answers. 

Perhaps they'll believe the family’s version of events – that this man is a murderer who deserved to die. 

But would that be the truth? [Goodreads]

My Thoughts: 

This was my first book by Camilla Way, and I really enjoyed this story of a family and their secrets. This was such a fast-paced thriller! You’re immediately thrown into the scene described in the blurb and then taken back in time to see the events that unfold up to that moment, and what led the characters there.

It was a very addictive read, full of suspense with a good mystery at the centre of it. The writing and pace kept me wanting to know what happened, although I did find myself thinking some of the twists were a bit much at times. Sometimes it got a bit too far-fetched for my liking, but equally I didn’t guess what was going to happen. It wrapped up well, and I was hooked on the rest of the story so that made up for it.


I definitely want to try Way’s other books which I’ve heard fantastic things about. I think this would really suit you if you’re looking for a tense, entertaining page-turner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...